THIRD CIRCULAR: SOUTH PACIFIC SLAB CONFERENCE IN FEBRUARY 2014
09.02.2014 - 16.02.2014
The first South Pacific Slab Conference will be held during summer between the 09.02.2014 and 16.02.2014 in Nadi, Fiji. The conference center is close to the Nadi International Airport.
NEWS: We changed the conference date, this is due to the fact, that a number of participants will not be able to enjoy the conference at the previous date, because of the chinese new year.
1) Subduction and related volcanism, earthquake mechanism and generation of tsunamis waves around the circum Pacific Firering
2) Sea level rise caused by climate change and the environmental consequences in the Pacific region
3) Can present-day Pacific-type tectonics be recognized in ancient orogenic domains
4) "flat" versus "steep" subduction around the circum Pacific Firering
5) The formation of oceanic and continental crust around the circum Pacific Firering
6) Seismic imaging of Pacific slabs